Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lace Camp 2008!

Well, I had a BLAST at Martha Pullen's School of Art Fashion, affectionately known as "Lace Camp". I took Debbie Glenn's School and learned a TON of new techniques and improved some techniques that I knew, but hadn't mastered. Here are some pics of what I have completed so far.
Christening Gown Bonnet: Fabric - Organdy - Technique - Pulled thread work with pin-stitching. 3 rows of lace on opening of bonnet and shirring on the back of bonnet. Diaper Set features reverse Tucks at neck and machine shell stitching around neck and armholes and corded pin-stitch at lace edging on scalloped hem.


2 comments:

Rick said...

Very nice. There was a nice elderly lady, back in our church in Oklahoma, that would turn hankies into little bonnets for the children. They could wear to their baptism and then with one snip, turn it back into a handy for them to carry at their wedding. Your photo made me think of that.


http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Bunny said...

Beautiful little confections, Laurie! I like your blog design and find it easy to read visually. I think you did a great job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails