Thursday, May 8, 2008

Smocking for Boys!

Girls are soooo easy to smock for, and sometimes smocking for boys can be a real challenge, especially when the daddy doesn't want his boy to look "sissy"...LOL! I smocked for my son when he was a baby and toddler and I think my favorite type smocking for him was smocked jon-jon's, which are still popular today - this is a classic and I don't think that it will ever go out of style! Here are 2 recent smocked jon-jons that I made for my 4 month old grandson. The John Deer one is Chery Williams Smocked shortall - word of caution with this pattern tho - it tends to be too long in the torso.


The helicopter smocked jon-jon is "Jeffrey" by Children's Corner - I love this pattern and it is very true to size!

5 comments:

Bunny said...

Darling! I hope to get started on some PS for Zak this week. It is far from my specialty but I am determined!

Shannon said...

How cute! I love this type of little outfit for boys. Your smocking is adorable.

Shannon F

melissa sews said...

Those are so cute! I've never seen smocked Jon-Jons done this way, but they are precious!

zoukie said...

It really looks nice!!! I wish I had time to learn all that stuff....

terahreu said...

So cute! I plan on posting some of my creations soon.

My last baby is a boy so this is inspiring. I am working on something for him right now.

Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails