Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wedding Sewing!

My daughter is getting married on September 6, so I have been busy planning and also doing some wedding sewing! Here is a picture of the flower girl dress I made for my grand-daughter. When we ordered my daughter's wedding dress, I was able to order the white satin and organdy that is used in her dress. I also ordered the watermelon fabric in the sash, which is the same fabric in the bridesmaids dress. I then designed the flower girl dress to incorporate several features on my daughter's wedding dress - the hem treatment with embroidery is one of those features. I used Martha Pullen's Vintage Baby CD for the skirt embroidery, which was done on the organdy fabric. On the back of the dress, I altered the back bodice to drop it to a "V" back. The sash is made to match the bridesmaids dresses and ties in the back exactly as the bridesmaids dresses.

Here is the baby tux that I made for my grandson! I added detail of a satin ribbon bow tie. I made a faux button front by adding a panel to the front of the shirt and added a tiny black button at the top. The garment is completely one piece and buttons up on the back and snaps at the crotch for ease of diaper change!

1 comment:

Martha said...

How beautiful. Love the dress, she will be an angel. And isn't he cute? Good job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails