Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Cherry Dress!

Yesterday I got the bug to do some designing and this is what I came up with - The Cherry Dress! It took me several hours to draft a pattern - lots of tissue paper got thrown away and a few pieces of fabric got put into the scrap pile! I have more tweeking to do on the pattern, but I am pleased with how everything came together! In the near future I will be offering this for sale as an e-pattern, which you can download, print and use! Included with the pattern will be my digitized cherry leaves - read on about those....



The cherries are made using wooden beads and wrapping them with perle cotton #8. The leaves are free-standing digitized with a buttonhole so that the entire cherry set is buttoned onto the button for easy removal to wash the dress.
The back of the dress features lots of pleats and a center inverted pleat!

Stay tuned - more e-patterns are in the future plans at Southern Stitches!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails