Thursday, April 30, 2009

Smocked Bonnets Part 2 & An Attitude of Gratitude!


Hand Smocking is probably my most favorite type of handwork to do. I find it very relaxing and really enjoy working on something in the evenings while the TV is on. Probably my most favorite item to hand smock is a baby bonnet. I have been working on two smocked bonnets in the past several weeks, which are baby gifts for friends. Two lucky baby girls will receive these baby bonnets this weekend! Nothing is sweeter than seeing a baby in a bonnet! You can click on the pictures to get a bigger picture of each bonnet and the smocking.







                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
I am VERY honored to have been given the The Attitude of Gratitude Award

My friend Sara, nominated me for this Award, which was soooo very sweet of her! Sara has become a good friend of mine! I met her via the internet, and in June of 2008, I had the opportunity to meet her face to face! We hit it off immediately and it was like we had known each other for years! Sara was honored to have her gor
geous baby layette make the cover of Sew Beautiful Issue #121
Sara is an amazing seamstress - please take time to visit her blog and website to see all her beautiful creations!

The Rules of Accepting and Sharing this Award

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude.

3. Link to your nominees within your post.

4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award.

5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award.

Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude:

I have an attitude of gratitude first and foremost to God for giving me a loving family. I am also grateful for the many talents He has given me! I feel very blessed to have the ability to design and sew! Since God has given me the talent to sew, I am also honored to use my sewing talents to minister to tiny premature infants and little ones that don't make it. Thru my chapter of Threads of Love, I make tiny little gowns, bonnets & blankets for little angels that don't make it and for Preemies, who have an extended stay in the hospital. I enjoy using my sewing talents in serving the Lord, and hope that it ministers to those families who are faced with the loss of an infant or dealing with a tiny preemie in the NICU. I have been following alot of blogs lately that deal with little ones who haven't made it, little ones hanging on to life and those who have been hospitalized - these are the families who really tug at my heart-strings. Many of these blogs, who I am awarding the Attitude of Gratitude Award to, have ministered to me in so many ways! I want to send a special Thank You to them for their bold faith in God! Here is a list of blogs I am awarding The Attitude of Gratitude to - some are sewing blogs, some are blogs that just inspire me & some are blogs that I regularly follow b/c I have just gotten caught up in their lives! LOL!

















4 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh Laurie, thank you!! This is the first blog award I have received. And it is such a special one at that. Thank you so much! And I am looking forward to passing it on as well.

I am not really sure how to do this though. What do I do?

Bunny said...

Thanks, so much, Laurie! Your garments and lessons are an inspiration to all of us!

Your bonnets are gorgeous. They will make a beautiful gift.

Patsy said...

Great smocking. I love bonnets. I really enjoy visiting your blog. It is very inspirational.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

These bonnets are gorgeous! What a lovely and cherished gift these are for your friends' little ones.

I am looking at purchasing an Amanda Jane pleater...my hubby asks "when exactly are you going to smock?" ...with working out of the home full time now as a hygienist...I come home late, shower, make dinner, and am ready for sleep! haha
(and I do have drawing orders that I must do (but those are like my quilting and crafting projects...I LOVE to do them! so I will definitely make time :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
(thank you also for stopping by...It was fun to find your comment)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails