Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wooly Felted Easter Eggs


Several weeks ago I had big plans to get started and finish 5 Wooly Felted Easter Eggs. Well, I managed to get 2 of them completed for Easter and I will attempt to get the remaining 3 completed this week and enjoy them a bit before I pack them away for next Easter. These really are a fun project. I purchased the pattern, wool & kit from Erica's Crafts.

I began with cutting my pattern pieces out of freezer paper. I ironed the freezer paper to the felt and cut out all the parts for 5 Easter eggs. Here are all my cut parts:



Using 505 spray makes it MUCH easier to place your parts onto the portion of the eggs for stitching - it's soooo much easier than pinning them and trying to work around pins.


Once all the parts are 505'ed to the egg portions, it's time to start stitching.


I blanket stitched all the felt applique pieces to the eggs. Once all the egg portions are done, machine stitch together, leaving an opening. Fill with polyfil, then whip-stitch the opening. Using DMC Perle Cotton, feather stitch to hide all the seams. Here are 2 of my completed eggs - they are soooo cute and fun to make! I hope you enjoy seeing them!



When I finish up the rest of them, I will "antique" them by coffee-staining.

3 comments:

AllyZabba said...

those are super cute! i will have to remember that for next year. 505 spray really is the best. i use it for quilting and other crafts.

Momma Snail said...

Those are pretty! I will put that on my list to do next year. I love your blog and am following you now!

rufflebunnies said...

these eggs are "to dye for" darling (get it?)
Love them!!
Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails