I decided to add about 4" in length, so using the cut out skirt as my guide, I marked and measured on some excess fabric and cut 2 pieces of fabric of each of the fabrics. I decided to make the added pieces out of the contrast fabric just to give the jumper a little character!
I serged the added length to all bottom portions of the jumper.
Once the panels were added, it was time to monogram the fronts of the jumper and lining. I also decided to make a pocket for one side of the jumper, so used the contrast fabric to coordinate with the added hem.
Here are pictures of the completed reversible jumper.
Using the fonts in my Artista Ver. 5 software, I created the "M" and MaKenna
I also digitized the butterfly applique since I couldn't find one anywhere that would coordinate like I wanted it to for this jumper.
All in all, I am pretty pleased with how this "Oops!" turned out and I think that it is also an easy fix for when you want to lengthen a previously made dress - just add a contrasting fabric to the hemline and you are set! I hope you enjoyed Part 2 of some sewing Oops!
Next blog entry will be TWO easy summer sundresses - all pattern instructions will be included, so make sure you join to follow my blog so that you don't miss it!