Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sweet & Simple Summer Sundresses!

Summer is almost here and I have been busy making some Simple Summer Sundresses for my grand-daughter, Jaden. The first two pictures are front and back of my Sweet & Simple Summer Sundress, which I have instructions for below. The last picture is a Sundress & capri set. This was the simplest of the two to make. I was in Hobby Lobby and found some adorable shirred fabric that I thought would make an adorable sundress! I purchased about 2/3rds yd of the fabric. Next step was to put the fabric around my grand-daughter and pin it so it fit her snug. I then serged the side seam, making the top a tube. I turned up a hem and straight-stitched, then added ribbon ties to the top to tie on the shoulder. I already had the cute pink capri leggings and thot those just finished this little sundress off! I just know this is going to be one of Jaden's favorite Summer Sundresses!

A few weeks ago, Jaden wore a sun-top that I made her last summer and it reminded me of how quick & easy it was to make! She got alot of compliments on it that day, so it motivated me to dig out some cute princess frog fabric in my fabric stash and make her a sundress using the basic instructions I used for the sun-top that I had made her last summer.
Here are the instructions for how I made my sweet & simple summer sundress: Sweet & Simple Summer Sundress
This is a PDF file, so it might take a little time to load for you, it's 4 pages, so your internet speed will depend on how fast it loads for you. I hope you enjoy using my instructions!

2 comments:

Eclectic Pink Rose said...

Those are adorable!! Love the fabric! I may have to refer back to your instructions too because I saw the shirred fabric this weekend and passed it by, I may have to go back. ;)
♥ Teresa

shelly said...

Thank you for offering this as a download! This is a precious dress and I love the tie in the back. I can't wait to try this for my girl!
Thanks again,
Shelly
(found your blog from goosegirl sews blog, you are both very inspiring)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails