Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vintage Heirlooms


One of my most favorite things to do is to collect & go antiquing for vintage linens. In particular, I like to seek out baby vintage linens. I own quite a collection of vintage baby linens, many of which have been passed down thru the generations in my family. Here is a picture taken of a wall in my sewing room with some of my family vintage treasures! The gown at the top, was my dad's when he was a baby. I have several crocheted bibs from c.1950 and the short gown and bonnet were mine when I was a baby!
Another favorite family heirlooms is a vintage lace dress that was my grandmother's and it was featured in Sew Beautiful Issue #106! It's a real treasured heirloom to me from c.1900 - you can read all about it at FAMILY HEIRLOOMS.


I love looking at pictures or using vintage linens to re-create a garment or other item. My lastest vintage re-creation is what I have titled "Gone Fish'in" - it's a darling c.1950's baby blanket that I found antiquing and re-created. I am very honored to have it featured in the current issue of Sew Beautiful Magazine. The arms and legs of the little kitten and puppy both move, making it entertaining for the little toddler that receives it! The pattern for the applique is available in Sew Beautiful and the kit to make the blanket is available at my website. The kit is available in pink or blue & includes ohhhh soooo dreamy soft cashmere cotton flannel, luxurious silk satin ribbon binding and all supplies needed to make a darling "Gone Fish'in" vintage blanket of your own!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails