Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ribbon Inspirations!

I just received my preview issues of the current issue of Sew Beautiful magazine and I felt like it was very worth mentioning the issue on my blog. This issue was inspired by the book Ribbon, The Art of Adornment by Nicholas Kniel and Timothy Wright.



I purchased this book nearly a year ago - it is a beautiful book chocked full of gorgeous examples of unique ideas using ribbon that will inspire you! If you don't own this book, it is well worth adding it to your personal library!


Using this book as the basis, Sew Beautiful Magazine devoted their entire issue to ideas & techniques using ribbon! You will find all kinds of projects and ribbon techniques to use for almost any occasion, from formal to whimsical!




My friend, Sara Norris has a gorgeous ribbon baby bonnet featured in this issue on page 34. Be sure to check out her technique for making beautiful vintage flat roses!



I am honored to also have an article published in the ribbon issue! My Winter White Flower Girl dress is featured on page 46. Using <The Children's Corner pattern Marilyn, I teach the technique of Knife-Pleated Ribbon Edging. Here is a sneak peek:

  
If you don't subscribe to Sew Beautiful Magazine, then I do hope you will make a point to purchase this issue and be inspired with the many uses of ribbon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails