Monday, March 8, 2010

The Stork is Coming!

I am sooo excited that I FINALLY have permission to announce that my daughter and son-in-law are expecting their first baby! What makes this even more fun is that there are five babies due in 2010 in my family! The first of the five is due in less than a month and the others will follow in April, May, September and October! I am very excited about all the new little great nieces and nephews that will arrive in our family, but I am especially excited that one will be arriving in my own family! There is just something very special when it's your daughter that is expecting her first baby! 
Anyone that knows me well, knows that I love babies and I love sewing for babies! The birth of a baby is a special occasion and it deserves special creations! Preparing for the birth of a baby is one of life's most pleasurable tasks. It doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl, the miracle is the same! 
I have always dreamt about the day my daughter would have her first baby and now I am dreaming about all the beautiful handmade items I will be making for this sweet baby that has already stole my heart!

I have starting looking thru some of my favorite heirloom pattern books for ideas...

pulling out some of my favorite heirloom layette patterns...

and checking my supply on dreamy fabrics, ribbons and laces!

The hardest part is going to be deciding on what to make for my new grand-baby, because I love so many different patterns designs!! If the baby is a girl, the options are endless - if it's a boy, that will narrow my pattern search down quite a bit. Let's face it, there just isn't a whole lot of choices when it comes to sewing for boys. Either way, tho, I do get to sew for both boys and girls, since we have one boy and two girls that we already know about, and the last two will be known in the coming months! With the birth of all these babies, I will have lots of sewing to keep me busy!


14 comments:

Sara said...

yay!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! I know you are going to have so much fun sewing for this little one!!! I can't wait to see what all you create!!!

Martha said...

Congratulations! How fun. I have laid awake at night, I have so many things I want to make and can't fit enough time in the day to do them all.

Rettabug said...

This is going to be a very well dressed baby! CONGRATULATIONS, Laurie!! What wonderfully happy news!

Karen said...

Congratulations! I am so very happy for you and for your family! You are right, it is special when your own little baby girl grows up and becomes a mom herself. Many blessings!

ShirleyC said...

Congratulations! I know this will be one of the best dressed babies around especially if it is a girl. I was so happy when I found out my DD was having a girl her second time around.

Pam Marshall said...

That is great.
We're being visited twice in our family.
In fact we have a girl coming. The first.
We have 3 sons and one 7 year grandson.
I'll be watching your blog for inspiration.

Jan said...

Congratulations! You will have so much fun!

Ellie Inspired said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see what you create for this new little bundle. I know he/she is loved so much already. Blessings!

Sewconsult said...

Congratulations. The baby will be dressed well.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Cindy said...

Congratulations!!!! A new baby is always exciting news!!! I know you will have fun sewing all sorts of precious little outfits!!!

Iseecells said...

Sweet blessing for you to enjoy and I am excited to see what you will sew!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

AW!!! Congratulations! How blessed to have a grandma that is able to sew such wonderful creations! (I can NOT wait til we start having grandbabies :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
(I finally realized that I cannot leave a comment on every single post, cuz I spend way too much time! haha
...so from now on when I am doing some catch up blog reading...I will read what I have missed, but try to comment only on the most recent one. :o)

LAnderson said...

Thanks everyone - we are sooooo very excited! The anticipation of the arrival of a sweet baby is going to be soooo much fun! I'm looking forward to the mother-daughter time of plans and dreams - we had sooo much fun when we planned her wedding and I expect lots more fun in the planning of her first baby!

Debbie B said...

Congratulations on your little bundle of grand-joy! Our first (and only) grandbaby is almost 10 months old. She's the joy of our hearts, and we're doing our best to spoil her! I had a whole tote filled with dresses, bubbles and outfits before she was born! Working on smocking her Easter dress now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails