Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sew Beautiful with Shades of Blue!

I FINALLY received my Sew Beautiful Blue Issue today! YAY! I am also honored to have several items published in this issue! This is a wonderful issue and I am soooo happy to see 13 super styles for boys! Little Boy Blue is featured on pages 22-25 and has some of the most adorable boys garments I have ever seen! My good friend Sara, also has several items in this issue, including 3 totally adorable boy's garments in Little Boy Blue! The super sweet ensemble on the lower left is one of Sara's creations! Included in this article is a baby top that I made, shown in the upper right corner. The baby top is made from the pattern "Baby's Summer Clothes" from The Old Fashioned Baby
My sweet little top is embellished with a sailboat from 
"Shadow Work Baby I" collection from Southern Stitches.
Featured on page 76, is a blue gingham bishop dress that had it's beginnings when I taught how to pleat a bishop dress at a Sewing Retreat. After the retreat, I was inspired by an outburst of ladybugs hatching in our area, and designed the Lovely Little Ladybugs bishop smocking plate that is included free in this issue!
Here is a close-up of the free smocking plate that is included with the article.

Also included with the smocking plate is the machine embroidery design for the band on the lower edge of the dress. You can download the Lovely Little Ladybug machine embroidery continuous band HERE.
I think my most favorite project I have worked on recently was Drafting for Jack & Jill. I gave my blog readers a sneak peek of Jack & Jill in an earlier journal entry, which you can see HERE. I have a collection of vintage boy's bubbles and looking at them I realized how easy it would be to change up a boy's bubble into an A-line dress for a girl.
 The article gives step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this simple method of pattern drafting!

I hope I have whet your appetite just a bit to go out and pick up a copy of Sew Beautiful magazine, if you don't already subscribe to it. In fact, click on that link and go see previews of what else is in this great issue! There is something for every one! It is by far, my most favorite Heirloom Sewing magazine and you don't want to miss seeing all the blue creations in this fantastic issue! I think this is one of the best issues Sew Beautiful has ever published! 
I want to thank the staff of Sew Beautiful magazine - it's truly an honor to have my creations  published, especially along side so many talented designers!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I can hardley wait to get my issue!!! It all looks wonderful but the thing I am wanting to see most is the Drafting for jack and Jill!!! that looks adorable!!!

Simple Southern Happiness said...

I can hardly wait for my copy to see both of your creative works. I know they will be perfection in every way as I have seen past projects. Congrats to the both of you!!

Ellie Inspired said...

Congratulations both of you!!! I can't wait to see this issue! All of your creations look gorgeous!

larseymour said...

Just got my Blue issue of Sew Beautiful and you have done a great job. The garments are beautiful

Rettabug said...

I was tickled pink...no, make that BLUE when I saw all the wonderful contributions that you & Sara have in this issue! Congratulations to you both!!!

Thank you, too, for the ladybug ME design. I hope to use it on something for Ms. C. this summer.

Well done, my friend, well done!

Jerry said...

Laurie, thanks again for showing me how to pleat the gingham! I'm so glad you shared this technique with all of us "Pickwick Girls". I'm determined to get mine this beautifully pleated the next time I work with gingham!! I wish my new issue of SB would hurry and come....I think I always get the very LAST copy that is mailed. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails