Monday, June 21, 2010

Anniversary Celebration!




An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, 
the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow. 
~ Author Unknown






June 21, 1980


June 21, 2010
Thirty years ago today, I got married on the longest day of the year, but it wasn't just the longest day because it was my Wedding Day! Every year I get to celebrate my Wedding Anniversary with the Summer Solstice, which occurs on June 21st when the Sun is at its highest path through the sky and the day is the longest. It signifies the beginning of Summer, which is my most favorite time of the year!
Tims Ford Lake
Saturday's in the Summer are spent at Tims Ford Lake, here in TN. I love this lake and cherish the family memories we are making there with our kids and grandson. Our hope for the future is to build our dream lake house where we can continue creating family memories for our entire family and future grandchildren to enjoy!


I have many hopes and dreams for the future, but one that I am working on now involves my sewing! I have recently been working on drafting ePatterns, and my hope and dream is to continue drafting more patterns. I love to sew for girls, but I am going to try to really focus on some new patterns for boys, since I already have one grandson and another on the way! This will be a challenge, as there isn't really that much you can do with Boy's patterns, but hopefully I can put some of the ideas I have in my head to paper and be successful! 


Thank you for all your kind comments on my two new ePatterns, "The Cherry Dress" and "Bibs 'n Bloomers"! You can purchase these patterns at my website ~ Southern Stitches Boutique or from Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops


Here are the two random winners of my ePattern giveaway!

Blogger Kim said...

I posted your link on my facebook. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
June 7, 2010 2:54 PM

Blogger larseymour said...

Happy Anniversary. Love your new patterns.
Kay
June 18, 2010 7:34 PM
Congratulations to the two winners! Please email me at southernstitches(at)charter(dot)net and let me know which ePattern you would like!
Thanks "sew" much for visiting my Sewing Journal and for sharing it with others! If there is a particular sewing or smocking technique that you would like to see on my blog, please let me know!


10 comments:

Jan said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Summer!

ShirleyC said...

Congrats to Kim and Kay. You are very lucky!

Goosegirl said...

Oh Laurie, Happy Anniversary!!! I pray you have a beautiful, wonderful, glorious and romantic day!! It takes love, tenacity, and commitment to be married so long in our world and I look up to you as a wonderful example.
Congratulations on your two new patterns too!!!

Beedeebabee said...

Happy anniversary! What a lovely post, and I enjoyed all your beautiful photos!...Good luck with your new pattern ideas, I'm sure they'll be just wonderful! Congrats to the lucky winners! :) Paulette

Julia said...

Happy Anniversary! Two of my sisters-in-laws and their husbands have houses on Tim's Ford Lake. We were out there just a few weeks ago and will be back in a few weeks for a big family reunion. We used to live in Winchester years ago.

LAnderson (Southern Stitches) said...

Julia, that is soooo cool! I LOVE Tims Ford - we are out there on our boat every Saturday - we always hang out in Little Hurricane Cove. We have a black & yellow Malibu Wakesetter VLX - it's a wakeboarding boat.

Sara said...

awww--look at you two kids!!! you haven't changed very much, kiddo!!!! Still looking good. congrats and Hope you have many more!!!

Ellie Inspired said...

Happy Anniversary, Laurie! You both look so happy in your pictures. I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are creating next for us in e-patterns!
Laura

Anna McIntire said...

Love your blog site. It is so incredibly creative. How do I get the e-pattern for that darling white cherry dress. It looks so sweet.
Thanks. Anna

Rettabug said...

Congrats to Kim & Kay & to YOU & your sweet hubby as well, Laurie! I hope you had a truly special anniversary & get to celebrate many, many more!! You still look 18!!! :p

Gorgeous photos of you guys & the lake, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails