Tuesday, June 22, 2010

{Sneak Peek}

I have been busy drafting patterns again and so I thought I would give you a sneak peek at what I am working on. Actually, this pattern began when I did the article "Drafting for Jack & Jill" for Sew Beautiful Magazine, which was in the blue issue #130.
I had already drafted a pattern for "Jack & Jill", when it was decided that I would do an article on how to take a bubble pattern that you already have and easily draft it to make an A-line dress. I really enjoyed working on that article, so do take a look at it if you haven't already! 
Since there are some who don't like to bother with altering patterns, I decided to continue working on my original drafted pattern, make a few changes to it, and offer it as an e-Pattern!
Today was my "test-stitch" day to see if my drafted pattern would stitch out as I had envisioned it to. The fun part for me was that as I worked on it, I made several more changes to the pattern! I guess you could say that I was still designing as I was stitching it out! 
Sometimes ideas just flow like that!        
I know alot of you have been wanting some new boy patterns, so I am going to share with you a little bit of the "Jack" portion of my new pattern!
The front has 2 sets of 4 tiny tucks!
This is where I decided that a pocket might be really cute!
To make the sleeves match the pocket, I added white 
bias to the sleeve edge!
The back of "Jack" has a set of 4 tiny tucks on either side!
The collar has a bias strip just like the pocket & sleeves!
I think a set of 3 buttons will look really cute 
between the rows of tucks, don't you?
I hope you have enjoyed my Sneak Peek at "Jack" - stay tuned, because "Jack" has more surprises! I will be stitching it out from another type of fabric to show you a different look for the same pattern!

3 comments:

The sewing room said...

How lovely to have matching girls and boys, l used to make matching outfits for my son and daugter when they were little although there was two years between them people used to think they where twins , cant wait to see the out come.


Hugs Pat

Goosegirl said...

Oh how darling! Now I NEED a baby boy to make these for!! Laurie this is a great design!

Ellie Inspired said...

This looks like it is going to be a fantastic pattern. You seem like you're really having fun with this too! Can't wait to see more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails