Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet & Simple Summer Sewing!

Last summer I posted some Sweet & Simple Summer Sundresses that merit some re-visiting for this summer! My original journal entry included two very quick and easy sundresses!
You can download my FREE pdf pattern for this dress HERE!
The other dress featured in last summer's journal entry is a shirred suntop with leggings.
This top is sooo quick to make up - I purchased pre-shirred fabric and just made a tube, and added ribbon ties on the shoulders! I purchased the pink leggings to match! 
The next two photos are from Martha Pullen's Favorite Applique book - the "A-line Jumper" pattern. I love this jumper pattern because it's reversible and so quick and easy to make! This dress was also featured in a past journal entry entitled "Oops! It's too short, now what?"


My cupcake dress was featured in Sew Beautiful Magazine's July/August 2009 - "Celebrating Summer with Michelle's Maderia Dress Pattern Review"

You can download the FREE machine embroidery for the cupcakes HERE! I love this pattern and it really is quite quick to make!
Today I did a little experimenting with a new pattern and with my "Sweet & Simple Sundress" pattern. I made some maternity tops for my daughter. All three are Sweet and Simple to make and perfect for summer! The first two tops were made from Favorite Things "Summer Time" pattern. I did a slight modification on the front pattern piece tho - instead of a seam in the front, I placed the pattern piece on the fold. I then took about a 1" inverted pleat in the center front. I just didn't like the idea of a seam being down the center front of the top.  These tops look really cute on my dress form - I hope they are equally cute on my daughter!












This top was my real experiment! Using the concept of my "Sweet & Simple Sundress" pattern, I made this maternity top. Under the arms (which I failed to take a picture of) I took a 1" inverted tuck. On the side seams at the hem, it curves up like an oxford shirt type hem - I thot this would look cuter than just a straight hem all the way around.
I hope you have enjoyed my Sweet & Simple for Summer Sewing! Don't forget to enter in my giveaway - you have FIVE chances to WIN!!! Drawing will be on June 21st!

3 comments:

The sewing room said...

Such lovely dresses you have been very busy,l love the dresses you have made for your daughter.

Hugs Pat

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Beautiful summer dresses and tops! Can't wait until I get another sewing machine!

Blessings & Aloha!

Bunny said...

Those tops are darling. Great design changes and I am sure your daughter will love them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails