Monday, July 19, 2010

{Crabby}

I just returned from a family vacation in Michigan. I guess my body isn't use to the fresh air of the North, because I brought home a nasty summer cold. A scratchy throat, cough, stopped up ears and sinus infection has me feeling a little crabby! Since I was feeling crabby, and I had sewing that HAD to be done, I decided to work my crabbiness into my sewing today!
Isn't he cute?!
I started out with one of my favorite patterns by The Old Fashioned Baby
Baby's Summer Clothes
I gathered a few 6" quilting squares that I have in my stash for the machine applique. I have decided that my 6" quilting squares come in quite handy for machine applique, since I stink at quilting am not much of a quilter.
After cutting out my pattern, I measured and marked where I wanted the applique, then hooped my fabric. By the way, the fabric for the bubble is a blue and white seersucker check that I got at Carter's Fabrics in Corinth, Mississippi. I know the fabric looks like a stripe in this picture, but it really is a check.
Here's a bigger picture of "Mr. Crabby"
The machine applique design came from Sew Many Designs. I have been very pleased with all the machine applique designs I have purchased from this company - they sew out beautifully!
Bias trim around armhole & neck
In the midst of sewing this little bubble, I decided that it might be really cute to cut some bias strips and bind the armhole and neck with it - I love how it turned out!
This cute little bubble is headed to a new little family member in Florida - very appropriate, don't you think?

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Love the crab, but sorry to hear about the cold!

I'm from Michigan. You were so close but sew far. It has been very hot in the southern part of the state this year.

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

your buble is so cute and the crab...is too funny, so happy!
I am impressed you can still sew feeling sick! Hope you feel better soon.

kathyk said...

I too am so suprised at the great job you did while sick:) talk about turning lemons into lemonade:) so cute Laurie! Feel good fast!

Sara said...

absolutely too darling!!!I've missed you and hope you feel better soon!!

ShirleyC said...

That is an adorable bubble. I also love their designs. I hope you feel better. My sinuses have been bothering me too, but not as bad as what you have.

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Laurie! I can't tell you how adorable I think this is! I wish I could work my crabbiness into something as wonderful! Your sewing is just beautiful. I loved how you added the binding around the arms and neck...just the thought of doing something like that sends me over the edge!...I hope you're feeling better. My mom is just getting over a nasty summer cold as well! xo Paulette ;)

To Mommies and Beyond said...

Wow I love your crabby baby outfit. Adorable. WOW! I am a new member of the Bloggerette Sorority! I am making my rounds to meet each "lady" of our sisterhood. Please visit me @ www.mommiesandbeyond.com

Jeannie B. said...

How cute you made this little bubble look !!

Esther Grant said...

So very adorable Laurie! Cute, cute, cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails