Thursday, July 8, 2010

{Jack 'n Jill - a timeless classic}

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown
And Jill came tumbling after.



Don't you just love the classics? The word classic means something that is a perfect example of a particular style, something of lasting worth or with a timeless quality.
From Classic Nursery Rhymes to Classic Children's Apparel, and many other things in between, I have a love for the classics! I love beautifully detailed children's apparel made with love and with the distinctive hand touches of smocking, embroidery and sweet pleats. For me, fashion is art! Children's wear should always maintain the classic elements that have, for generations, adorned beloved little ones!
This love for the classics is what inspired me to create 
"Jack 'n Jill".



My goal was to create a good example of the classic A-line dress and classic "romper", which today is better known as a "bubble". The inspiration for this pattern came from my collection of Vintage Rompers. While working on drafting my pattern, it occurred to me how easy it would be to have a pattern that worked interchangeably as a dress or a bubble. 



"Jack"



Jack features classic tucks on the yoke front and 
yoke backs and a peter pan collar.



Machine embroidery files are also included to make this optional style peter pan collar and a darling machine embroidered pocket that can be placed on the front or as a back pocket on the bubble! You can see more pictures and details about "Jack" here. 



"Jill"



Jill's classic style features tiny tucks, just like Jack,
a lace edged peter pan collar and a puff sleeve.



The machine embroidery file is also included for this darling rosebud peter pan collar, along with a coordinating pocket! You can see more pictures and details about "Jill" here.
The versatility of the pattern allows you to make a bubble for a girl by adding the puff sleeves and a pretty peter pan collar! Let your creativity run wild!

"Jack 'n Jill" will be available for purchase soon!
I hope you like it!








  

6 comments:

Ellie Inspired said...

You've shown us some beautiful examples of your new pattern, Laurie. It's neat to see how versatile it is. I'm looking forward to when it's available. I have lots of new girl babies in my family I could use this for! I do dearly love the classics too. I used nursery rhymes for all my toddler patterns too. I like that cute graphic.

Goosegirl said...

OH Laurie, they are all so precious and perfect. I love the color and tuck details. Wish I had a little tiny baby to sew for.

Rettabug said...

What a wonderfully versatile & creative idea, Laurie!! Great job on all the outfits

You should do up a whole series of collars made in our machine embroidery mode. I'd LOVE that!!!

Esther Grant said...

Love your interpretation of the classics for today's little girls and boys, less being so much more when all is said and done. Always very beautiful!

Mollye said...

Oh these are amazing and so classy and adorable. What a talent. XXMollye

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

These are amazing! Please let me know when they are available...I would love to have these for our future grandbabies :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
I hope you pick up a Happy-ness award & a Bloggger Buddy award (aka blog hugs)...but If you don't...just know that I do thank you for stopping by & all your past comments :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails