Tuesday, July 6, 2010

{Sneaking a little peek @ Jill}

I began my day today working on "Jill" with some sweet machine embroidery...
The entire collar is stitched in the hoop & lined!
I stitched out 2 collars and a pocket
I then began stitching rows of tiny tucks
To make tiny tucks, I folded my fabric on the tuck line and pressed it. Using a zipper foot, I placed the fold of the tuck under the foot and moved my needle to the last dot on the right. After the tuck is stitched, open out the folded fabric to the stitching and press the tuck towards the armhole. The result is a beautiful tiny tuck! 
I have another tutorial on tiny tucks using a slightly different method, that you can read here! Only that reminds me, I have yet to complete that little gem of a dress! I simply must get back at it, now that I have reminded myself that it has become neglected, err one of my PhD's (Projects Half Done) in progress!
Beautiful tiny tuck!
I attached a beautiful machine embroidered collar
to the neckline
The machine embroidered collars and pockets are from my company, Southern Stitches Boutique! The floral fabric is a cotton lawn from Farmhouse Fabrics!
...and added a darling little pocket
to the skirt of the dress!
And don't you just love a puffed sleeve?


7 comments:

Sibyl said...

That little dress is so cute. Sure wish I had little ones to sew far. All the things I know now is so much more than when my daughter was a little one. That Jill dress is to die for.

Sara said...

how darling!!! I've got to make two of these!!!! Looooove everything about it!!!

Ellie Inspired said...

I am amazed at those bullions done by the embroidery machine! They look as close to hand done as any I've seen before. It's really looking cute so far!

Miss Sews-it-all said...

What a sweet dress! I love the embroidered details, too!

Martha said...

Very cute Laurie. Would you mind sharing the machine embroidery designer?

Sew Shine said...

Laurie,

This dress is simply adorable! I LOVE the collar...did you digitize the embroidery? Oh how I wish I had a tiny little one to sew for. They grow up too fast!

Beedeebabee said...

Oh how darling this is!! I so wish I could sew as beautifully as you do... my sewing machine always makes me so nervous! I just love this little dress! xo Paulette

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails