Thursday, October 14, 2010

{Sweet Petite Posies}


I have finally completed my smocking plate after too many hours of working on it! This big little project has gobbled up more hours that I even care to count, but it was ohhhh soooo worth it! I am so proud to share with you my own smocking design Sweet Petite Posies.
This picture is so totally not doing it justice!
As you might notice, the graph paper is a bit different than what I had previously posted in my journal. Once I started graphing my design, the background cable stitches were distracting, so I decided to change the background to lines representing pleats. Changing the background allowed for the smocking stitches to show up much better and I am very pleased with the results. I think I now have most the bugs worked out in designing smocking plates on my computer and designing new plates here on out should be much easier and quicker. Before I share the link to my smocking plate, I want to show you picture of my completed smocking.

Sweet Petite Posies

Close up of the design

I used a #7 Darner Needle for Smocking
& I used DMC Pearl Cotton #8 for smocking
Smocking on sleeve
I hope to continue my Smocked Bishop Tutorial next week with the construction of the dress. I do have some other projects I am working on in the meantime, but I will do my best to complete the construction of this bishop for you. Here is the link to purchase my smocking plate "Sweet Petite Posies".
I have a "special project" that I am working on and I just can't hardly wait to share it on this blog and my other blog - I think you are going to love it too! :)

11 comments:

marilyn said...

Laurie that is just beautiful!!! I really should buy another pleater and start smocking again.. I love doing it..

Goosegirl said...

Oh Laurie, this is so pretty! I want to smock it up right away. Lovely!

Southern Gal said...

It's simply beautiful!

Claire Meldrum said...

Charming. I really like it a lot.

seamsgreat said...

Very pretty! :-)

Jan said...

thanks so much for your hard work on this design. I'm going to tell me smock group all about this sweet design. Thanks again.

Beedeebabee said...

OMG, that's just sooo beautiful! Your work is fantastic...I could never do anything like that! Have a fun fall weekend! xo Paulette

Esther Grant said...

Amazing Laurie! It's breath-taking by all accounts and so very generous of you to offer it free.

Aunt Honey said...

This is beautiful. Thank you! Can't wait to get started.

Sara said...

this is a beauitful plate!! Great work and thanks for sharing!!!

Michie' said...

Just beautiful, and LOVE your choice of colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails