Monday, November 1, 2010

{bias neck binding}

Today's Tutorial is applying the bias neck binding to the smocked bishop dress. I decided to make video tutorials for this lesson for a couple of reasons. One reason was that it would have taken too many pictures and would have made for a super long journal entry. My other reason, and really more-so my main reason is that a lot of people seem to have trouble with attaching a bias neck binding. I think a video tutorial makes it easier for you to learn, as you not only get to see pictures but you get to hear me losing my train of thought often explaining each step along the way. Once you complete this tutorial, your bias neck binding should turn out like mine. The goal in this tutorial is to stitch the bias neck binding evenly and right above the top row of smocking stitches.

This lesson is split into two videos that are approx. 10 mins each.


Part One

Part Two


Please let me know if you have any questions or if anything wasn't clear to you in this tutorial. Thanks so much for following my blog and especially for all the wonderful comments have gotten from this lesson series!




8 comments:

Julia said...

Again, thanks!

Esther Grant said...

I most definitely will use more pins on my next bishop! Thank you Laurie. As always, beautifully done!

Esther

Rettabug said...

WONDERFUL tutorial, Laurie!! Thanks SEW much! You look marvelous, darling!!! :D

cottonfieldfarm said...

Beautiful and thank you for sharing! I'm just stopping by to say hello and am now following you on GFC. Please come on over to the farm when you get time and follow back! God bless.
Regina

Hettie Lynn said...

Laurie, I just finished watching the bias band application. How I wish I had your tutorials when I made my first bishop! Thank you so much for your excellent instructions and video.

Toko said...

Hello, I are Japanese.
I am not prosperous in much smocking embroidery in Japan.

I always refer to an overseas site and book.
Your animation is very plain and is splendid.
However, as for me, English is not 100%.

I want to know professional explanation in detail.

Please teach it about a lot more designs.

Stevie said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Laurie. It's a big help.
Stephanie in Colorado

Stevie said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Laurie. It's very helpful.
Stephanie in Colorado

(please delete one if you get a duplicate comment)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails