Wednesday, December 29, 2010

{all things white and beautiful}

If you have not picked up the latest issue of Sew Beautiful Magazine, then you are missing out on a real treat! Issue No. 134 needs to be on your "must have" list! 
It is the first all white issue and it's chocked full of the most beautiful white creations you have ever seen!
One of my most favorite articles in this issue is a white baby boy's bubble by Jeannie Baumeister. This is the first in a series of articles Jeannie will be writing for Sew Beautiful, and I am "sew" excited because Jeannie has the most unique techniques for baby clothes that I have ever seen. Her technique for machine shell hem is one of the most beautiful techniques ever! You can read more about it here!
Items for boys really caught my eye in this issue, especially since I have two grandsons to sew for! Just look at this yummy white bubble by Creations by Michie'. You can read more about it at Michie's Blog.
My wonderful sewing friend Sara Norris, also has some featured items in this issue, one of which is her beautiful pattern "Irby". This pattern, along with all her other patterns are available here.
I was also very honored to have one of my creations featured in the white issue! I'm always both honored and excited to see my creations in print, and especially to see how my creations are photographed. Jennifer and Company always does exceptional photography!
My hand-smocked ruffle turned a crib sheet and pillow set into heirloom bedding fit for a royal babe! All the instructions for creating this set can be found in the magazine article. This beautiful crib set is also available in a kit, and you can purchase it here.
I loved creating this bedding ensemble because it was something out of the ordinary, that involved smocking. The ensemble is appropriate for either a boy or a girl, but I think I am going to save this set for a future grand-daughter! Here's a close up picture of the set.
The Sew Beautiful White Issue is available now at your favorite news stand! This issue is sure to become a collectors edition, so don't miss out on picking up your copy where you can see all things white and beautiful!

4 comments:

Karen said...

The crib set is just gorgeous! I can't wait to get a copy of this issue!

Damaris said...

I am going to get that tomorrow!

Sara said...

One of my favorite issues in a long time. Thank you for the mention!! Your crib set is stunning!!

Virginia said...

My dear sil gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble over this past weekend. So of course I had to get this latest edition of Sew Beautiful! I am loving it and look forward to playing with these designs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails