Monday, December 27, 2010

{the best and the worst Christmas}

Christmas of 2010 was both the best and the worst for us. I will start out with the best part. :) The best part is family:
Top to bottom: Daughter, Lindsay and husband, Jason
their Akita dog, Callie is behind them, but hidden, Jason
is holding our newest family member, Caleb.
Son, Brad and his son, Paxton are in the middle
My husband Scott, our dog, Molly and me!
Christmas is always special when you have your family and especially when there are small children! It was a magical Christmas for our 3-year-old grandson, Paxton and it was a very special 1st Christmas for our 12-week-old grandson, Caleb! 
Seriously, can it get any better than this?!
With the wonder of the internet and skype, we were able to visit with out of state family - Skype really is the next best thing to being there! We had a wonderful time with our family and nothing is more special than having a houseful of family and loving up on sweet grand-babies and even grand-dogs!
The worst part of Christmas was that this was the last Christmas for our beloved dog, Molly.
Miss Molly
If you read this post a few weeks ago, you knew that our Molly was very sick. She was diagnosed with Lymphoma on December 8th, which was not good news on the day before my birthday. On Christmas night, Molly lost her battle - it was a very, very sad way to end Christmas day! :(
Molly is the 4th English Springer Spaniel that we have had and was part of our family for 10 wonderful years. She did everything with us - camping, traveling, vacations, boating - you name it! Everyone that knew her, loved her - she had a special way of melting hearts! She lived a good great life and she gave back as much love as we gave her! 
Molly's favorite thing to do was to go
boating with us!
We spoil our animals rotten - my mother-in-law always jokes and says that if she believed in re-incarnation that she would like to come back as our dog. I quickly remind her that she would have to use the bathroom outside no matter what the weather, she could not eat at the table with us and there would be absolutely no sleeping in our bed! haha!
I am sure that there will be another dog in our future, who will capture our love as much as all the other dogs we have had. Each one holds a special place in our hearts. Someday I will have to do a blog post about all the pets that have been a part of my life since I was a little girl, even tho it has absolutely nothing to do with sewing! 
Many thanks to those who sent me their condolences on facebook - many who fell in love with Molly, just by the pictures I have posted thru the years. R.I.P. Sweet Molly, you were loved by all and will live in our hearts forever!


14 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family and I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog, Molly. Our animals become such a huge part of our lives that it truly is a sad day when they leave us.

Wishing joy, peace, and abundant blessings in the coming new year of 2011.

ShirleyC said...

I know your heart is breaking as we lost our Missy in Oct., but I hate she left you on Christmas Day. Of course, it's not like you wouldn't remember anyway. I hope you have a Happy New Year.

Susan said...

I am so sorry about Molly!! She was a very pretty spaniel!! Hugs

MyNorth said...

Losing a pet has to be one of life's most painful experiences. Sorry it happened to you and your family on such a joyous day.
Looking at your photos of Molly, I can see she was a much loved and happy dog. Beautiful looking dog too.
Please do make posts about her and your other pets even though it has nothing to do with sewing. It will help heal the heartbreak.

Cheryl Designs said...

I am so sorry for your loss :(
These fur-balls STEAL our hearts :) Know that she is with my Ebony and Toshia in doggie heaven... They wait there for US :) Please don't let your loss stop you from adopting another dog :) You will heal, we all do :) I have my Ginger now. She is 10 years old and I hope she's with me for many more healthy years :) BEST WISHES for 2011 :)

Sara said...

I know you had a wonderful christmas with the family but I am so , so sorry about sweet Molly.
Hugs

Ginny said...

I am so sorry about your dog. Having lost a cat a couple of weeks ago, I understand the sadness, grief, and sense of loss you must be feeling. Molly was lucky to have you as her owner.

Ellie Inspired said...

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I missed it somehow on Facebook with the holidays. So sad that it happened on Christmas Day, too. Glad you had that one last special day with her and all your family around. ((Hugs)) to you!
Laura

kitkat said...

So sorry about Molly. She lookd like such a sweet dog.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you lost your dog. I know how difficult this is. I hope you get another one soon and give the next dog the privilege to be owned and loved by you.

God Bless You
Marie

Lany said...

Hola querida,

He pasado para desearte un feliz 2011!!!!

Besos,
Lany

Karen said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your Molly. I know how hard that must have been for you, especially on such a joyous day. Please accept my condolences.

Bunny said...

So sorry to hear about Molly's passing. ((hugs))...Bunny

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

I am sorry to hear about your lovely dog. I hope the New Year will bring you another one to love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails