Friday, December 10, 2010

{A Little Handmade Fun - Part 2}

I am moving along at a snail's pace on my project this week! As always, I tend to get absolutely and completely distracted side-tracked on other projects in the midst of a project! I decided to share a few teaser pictures with you to show you how far behind I am getting on my project.

This project includes smocking, so I have pleated up my piece of fabric that coordinates with my fantastically fabulous fun fabrics!

I added some beautiful lace edging to the bottom of the pleated panel. The lace is from the 1752 company. They have the most amazing laces you have EVER seen! Their website isn't much to look at, but do request a catalog if you want some unique laces that you can't find anywhere else!
When I pleated up my fabric for smocking, I had a particular smocking design in mind to use - in fact, it's a design that I just created for a project I am working on for Sew Beautiful Magazine for Christmas 2011. I then got side-tracked decided that I wouldn't use that design because I didn't want to spoil the fun for next Christmas! So what did I do? I sat and designed another smocking plate! I told you, it doesn't take much to side-track me! 

I am pretty happy with how it looks in my graph, so now the true test is in the actual smocking of the design! Stay tuned - I hope to post more of this project on my Monday Memories - the Spirit of Christmas Present Linky Party! By the way, I would LOVE for you to join in the fun on Monday by posting a link to your blog! More info on the party can be found HERE!
So, does anyone have any idea of what my Christmas project is?


4 comments:

Susan said...

I love the lace! I am a beginner sewer/embroiderier, I really love your site!

kathyk said...

Laurie I am the same way, I am in the middle of knitting a hat for a baby, then I spot the snowman blocks I was appliquing and go to them, then I am shopping and find some neat fabric and whip up a apron, and my daughter arrives tomorrow with three litttle ones and I really should have been cleaning and preparing....no I sit and sew:) oh well:)

You are so talented, cannot wait to see the cute trees all done:)

Kathy

Mona @ la la by mona said...

A snail's pace? That project would take me a pure lifetime. It's just beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Please stop by to check out the fun giveaway on my blog... http://lalabymona.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-felt-like-having-giveaway.html

Sew Shine said...

I don't know WHAT your final project will turn out to be....an outfit? A stocking? A Christmas tree skirt? However, I KNOW it will be beautiful! Love peeking into your sewing room.

I know how you feel about getting side-tracked! I have NOTHING to blog about tomorrow for Christmas present. Wonder how I'll fix that by tomorrow?

Thanks for letting us look. Can't wait to see your finished project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails