Thursday, December 16, 2010

{slow progress is better than no progress}

I am making slow progress this week on a few sewing projects. Slow progress is better than no progress, right? I actually had a secret project I was working on and needed to get that done before I could work on my own projects. I started out with embroidering an applique on a shirt for my sweet grandson, who just turned 3 years old this week!
I got this A-DOR-A-BLE design from AK Designs Boutique. I used scraps of fabric from my stash. Here's a closer look:
Is this not just the cutest reindeer, ever?!?!
I've also been busy trying to get my trees smocked this week - sometimes it's hard to work in sewing when I have my 3 yr old grandson here, but I usually can squeeze in a little bit of sewing while he naps. Here's the smocking I am slowly getting completed:
Ok, so I guess I will share with you what I am making with this - it's a quilted & smocked stocking! Here's one that I made several years ago:
Here's a close up of the smocking 
I have made quite a few of these quilted smocked stockings, but I have never made one for myself. This year, I decided to make one for myself! I also decided to draft a smocking plate that coordinated with my fabrics, so that's how I came up with the Christmas Tree idea within the smocking.  I can't wait to see my stocking take shape as I work with these fantastically fabulous fabrics!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I love those fabrics you are holding! And that has to be the most adorable reindeer ever!!!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

MyNorth said...

Truly the most adorable Reindeer ever!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails