Sunday, December 19, 2010

{the Spirit of Christmas Future}

Christmas 2010 is not even here yet and I am already thinking about Christmas 2011 and even Christmas 2012! Yes, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get much accomplished for Christmas 2010, but hey, that's just how life is sometimes. It just seemed that Christmas crept up on me way too fast this year. As you saw on my last journal entry, I did make some slow progress on a few projects. I am still working on those and I do hope to complete some of them before Christmas. I will share more about that later, for now I want to share my dreams as I think about Christmas future!
I am a list-maker and I am already starting a list of ideas for Christmas 2011 and beyond! My plan is to be better organized for Christmas 2011. I am going to start purchasing Christmas pajama knits and/or flannels right after Christmas this year when all those fabrics are on clearance! I am going to place those fabrics in a bag with the pj patterns I plan to use, along with a list of ideas and date it to start sewing in the early Fall. My plan is to give my grandson's their pj's on Thanksgiving, so that they have a full month to enjoy their Christmas pj's. This hopefully will start a new tradition in our family!
I'm kinda thinking that personalized appliqued pj's might be super cute for the boys! Maybe even something like this with a reindeer on them! Even before I start on the pj's, my plan is to make the boys something special to wear for Christmas. I want these special garments to be completed before November arrives for any Christmas portraits that might be taken. To make this all happen,  I am going to need to get started right now in September in order to have everything completed before Thanksgiving.
Have you made any plans yet for Christmas 2011? If so, I'd love to hear about it! Please leave a comment, even if you aren't participating in my Linky Party! If you are participating in my Linky Party, then it's your turn to share the Spirit of Christmas Future on my Monday Memories Linky Party! 

Here's how I am coming along on my project, which I hope to complete in the next day or two!
"Evergreen and Holly"
this is my own drafted smocking plate
Strip Quilting for my stocking


This week begins the real Christmas rush. So many people are rushing to finish up handmade gifts and rushing to stores to buy gifts for the people in their lives. Kids are sitting on Santa's lap or writing him a letter and telling him which toys they want for Christmas. But during this hectic and stressful time of year take time to remember the true meaning of Christmas, which is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.



3 comments:

Ginny said...

I haven't been able to make many clothes for my nieces and nephews because they always received too many hand-me-downs. But I like the PJ idea and may pitch it to their moms. Either that, or I'll just wait until I have grandchildren. With one married daughter, I hope I'm closer to that day . . .

Elisabeth Rose said...

Hi Laurie,
I managed not to finish my UFO, so I posted this morning. I enjoyed reading about your projects and thank you for hosting this party. Merry Christmas!!

ShirleyC said...

Sorry I didn't have time for a linky today. One thing I want to do for next year is make the kids some kind of advent calendar. I wanted to do that this year, and I think it worked out for the best since Santa isn't coming to their house until Christmas Day night because mommy has to work. We'd have had a hard time explaining that one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails