Sunday, December 12, 2010

{the Spirit of Christmas Present}

Ahhh, the Spirit of Christmas Present.....a week ago when I started this 3 week long Monday Linky Party, I had a lot of plans and intentions. It's amazing how one week can change the course of "plans and intentions". My Linky Party "the Spirit of Christmas Present" was planned to show the projects that I have made or am in the process of finishing up for this Christmas. Good intentions, yes, but here's what I got instead: a bunch of projects that some might end up as "the Spirit of Christmas Future"
A partially smocked panel
and some fantastically fun fabric
 
Several yards of really pretty
red pique and a pattern
A very nice Little Giraffe baby blanket
waiting to be monogrammed
for my sweet grandson
A very wrinkled blue shirt waiting
for this applique for my other grandson!
I'm pretty certain I will get the last two items completed by Christmas, the other two? Not so much. I guess all my plans and intentions for "the Spirit of Christmas Present" got put on standby. I have been spending extra time with my dog, Molly, who just celebrated her 10th birthday on December 4th. 
Miss Molly has been my faithful companion - the little friend who sticks by my side no matter what kind of day I'm having. She has spent countless hours in my sewing room with me learning all about sewing, machine embroidery, smocking and more. Miss Molly is very, very sick. This past week, we found out that she has Lymphoma and probably won't live much beyond Christmas Day. It's very sad to say the least. We have her on steroids, cheeseburgers and all the treats she wants and I'm giving her all the extra attention she needs while she's still with us...I'll have plenty of time to finish all those unfinished projects later.



So I am hoping that there are some out there who have been able to finish up their Christmas Projects for this year and I'd LOVE to see them! There might even be a few people out there who, like me, had good plans and intentions that suddenly went amiss. I'd still love to see what you at least got started and hope to finish by Christmas. I really enjoyed blog hopping last Monday, so please join in the fun! It's your turn to share the Spirit of Christmas Present on my Monday Memories Linky Party! 





Here’s how it works:
1. Scroll down to the bottom of this post until you see the “add your link” button. Click that, and create a descriptive name for your link. This will make it easier for folks to browse through all the links.
2. Make sure to link to your specific Monday Memories post, not the main page of your blog.
3. Make sure your blog post includes something handmade from a Christmas Present.
And I created a fun, little badge especially for the party, so feel free to post the code in the box below at the bottom of your Handmade Monday Memories post on your blog if you’d like…





6 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I have several Advent Calendar kits that I haven't made and won't until next year. I also have some really cute die cut Christmas shapes that I want to do Something with - but probably won't. And don't forget the gift card embroidery kits that I bought, and won't get to.

I'm so sorry about your dog. We had a wonderful Black Lab that had to be put to sleep on Christmas Eve in 2001. We have a special angel ornament for her on our tree. You are making me tear up! sniff!

Ginny said...

I am very sorry to hear about your dog. We learned on Saturday that we will have to put down one of our cats, the one who is mine. I have been so broken up all weekend, despite knowing she's uncomfortable and that our decision is the right one. Callie has been my faithful companion since my husband was diagnosed with blood cancer five years ago, so I will miss her terribly. We will probably get another kitty right away, not to replace her, but to fill the void in our hearts and home. Naturally, this has put a kink in my Christmas gifting, so at this point, whatever gets done get done, and I will get the rest done as I can after the 25th.

Sew Shine said...

Laurie,

I'm in the same boat as you are regarding my Christmas sewing, but not for the same reason. I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. As a vet, I can completely sympathize with what you are going through right now. You are doing the right thing by taking care of her and feeding her lots of yummy treats! Enjoy her as much as you can! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Molly!

Elisabeth Rose said...

Hi Laurie,
A little late to the party today, but I finally "Made it". Thanks for hosting these Christmas projects and memories. I am sorry your Dog is not well.

angie.a said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your Molly. :( So sad at the holidays, but know that she's lucky to have you and enjoy her for these last days.

Rettabug said...

Hi Laurie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your poochie being sick! So sad & you can't explain anything...just be there to offer comfort & solace.

Hugs to you & pat the puppie, too!

I'm sorry I didn't know about your Monday parties or I would have tried to participate. We've had some issues here that have kept me away from the computer, too. Things are better now & I'm trying to catch up.

I like your ideas for planning ahead for NEXT year!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails