Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Sweetness

I spent yesterday cleaning my sewing room so that I could spend today sewing! My goal was to finish up the "Sweet Baby Jane" top and capri pants from the Gail Doane class I took a week and a half ago. This has been one of the most fun projects I have ever made! It has some of the sweetest techniques and embellishments that I have ever seen in a toddlers garment. 
I had this top about half-way completed when I got started today. The rick rack was already attached to the lower edge of the top and I finished it by adding the ruffle to the bottom. All the outdoor pictures are casting a blue shade to the white fabric, but I assure you it is white fabric, not blue.
The next step was to add rick rack to the neck line.
After the rick rack was attached, 
I added in the bias neck binding 
to complete the neckline. 
I just LOVE how the rick rack just peeks out below the bias neck binding! Sooooo sweet!!! I finished up the top by finishing the back and adding buttonholes. To save time, I used my "button sew-on foot" to sew the button in place! 
I really don't enjoy sewing buttons on by hand, and this foot makes it so quick and easy! I sew on a Bernina Artista 200, and this is foot #18.
After finishing the top, the capri pants 
were so quick and easy to construct! 
I love the lower leg opening with 
the rick rack and bias edge!
I think this is just the sweetest little toddler's set! 
It's a timeless style that has a touch of trendy! 

I am “sew” anxious to get started on the hat to complete the set! The embroidery is complete, and hopefully I can sneak into my sewing room tomorrow to work on it!
This beautiful embroidery will adorn the hat brim!


8 comments:

Sara said...

absolutely precious outfit!! I love your beautiful handwork!!!

Susan said...

This little outfit is so precious!!

Jan M said...

Sweet indeed! Gail is such a wonderful person, and very sweet herself. I hope someday there will be a special little girl in your life to wear this.

Ginny said...

Absolutely adorable! Wish I had little ones to sew for . . .

Elsie said...

Cute,cute Laurie. Good job, I use to sew for twin grand daughters when they were young. They are 15yr now, not fun to sew for anymore.
LOL.

Rettabug said...

That turned out really, REALLY cute, Laurie! Beautiful trims & expertly applied, too. I sure wish we had classes like that up here. :(
Wanna come teach?????????

CAS said...

This is the most adorable outfit. I have a couple of little "Grands" who would be so cute in one of these sets.
CAS

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Adorable...It will be perfect with the little hat!

Blessings & Aloha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails