Sunday, July 24, 2011

pink, pretty & precious!

In my last journal entry, I shared the dress and bonnet, and before that the underpinnings. Today I am sharing the entire ensemble modeled on a sweet baby! The dress set is pink, pretty and even more ohhhh sooooo precious adorned on a sweet little baby girl! The customer that commissioned me to make this dress set gave me permission to share these adorable pictures of her sweet grand-daughter - you are in for a real treat!
such a precious doll-baby!
As I mentioned in past journal entries, the pattern for this precious dress set is "Emma's Smocked Baby Dresses" by the Old-fashioned Baby. This is a "must-have" pattern, especially if you love heirloom sewing. The pattern was inspired by an antique dress and it reflects that old-fashioned style, which I love so much. The slip is also included with the pattern, and it's one the sweetest slips I've ever made - take a look! 
slip sweetness!
isn't she precious?
she looks pretty excited about
her new dress set!
This little dress ensemble is truly exquisite! The dress has an embroidered yoke and lace bands on the skirt and sleeves. The neck, sleeves and hem are trimmed with lace. The fancy smocked bonnet also has a lace band to go perfectly with the dress.
The fabric is an ohhhh soooo soft whisper of pink nelona. It is beautiful fabric to work with! There is a ton of hand embroidery on this dress set, but it's not at all difficult - very basic stitches.
I love heirloom sewing and it makes it even more special when I get to see something that I have created dressed on a real baby! Most often when I am commissioned to make something for a customer, I only get to see it dressed on my "head-less kids" - the name my grandson has given to my  kid dress-forms! (silly boy!) 
I am always so grateful when a customer shares beautiful portraits such as these! I hope that you have enjoyed seeing them as much as I have! I also hope that I have inspired you to create something beautiful by using some of the heirloom sewing techniques that I have shared in my sewing journal as I made this sweet dress set!

2 comments:

Jan said...

I love those kinds of bonnets on babies. They look just like little flowers.

Elsie said...

That is a beautiful dress and a sweet darling modeling. I love dresses and bonnets like that on
little girls. Just beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing Laurie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails