Wednesday, October 5, 2011

31 days of sewing: a christmas preview!

My preview copy of Sew Beautiful Magazine arrived, which means regular subscription copies are on their way to you! I'm very excited to share with you that my Smocked Ribbon Christmas Stocking made the cover!
It's always an honor to have my creations published, but it's a special honor all in itself to be on the cover of such an amazing magazine! It is very humbling to be a part of the many amazing and talented designers within this beautiful magazine!
This was one of those projects that truly was "sew" much fun to make! I was sent a box full of scraps of ribbon and silk dupioni and instructed to create a Christmas Stocking however I wished, making use of the ribbon. I had some scraps of wide lace that I thought would be fun to also make use of. I was able to combine several techniques within the stocking; smocking, strip quilting, use of ribbon, ribbon rosettes, pleating lace and silk together, and use decorative stitches on my sewing machine using gold thread. If you don't subscribe, I hope you pick up a copy of this issue to see the detail. The instructions, pattern and all the info is included in the article.
In addition to my Smocked Ribbon Stocking, I am also very honored to have two smocked bishops featured using Anna Griffin Christmas fabrics, which is available from the Martha Pullen Company.

Both of the dresses feature my free smocking plate "Baubles & Glister". Each dress was smocked with the same design, just in different colors. I also used buttons for the "baubles" and pearl beads for the "glister", shown in these close-ups:



I hope you enjoyed today's feature - be sure to check out all the other 31'ers HERE!
Please continue to follow me here for



5 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Congratulations! They are all beautiful.

Jeannie B. said...

The Stocking is really pretty and so are your cute Bishops!!

Laurie said...

Beautiful work, as always! Congratulations!

Jo said...

That stocking is stunning! I think it'll be well worth the price of the magazine!!

GrammaStubbs said...

Darling dresses! I love the buttons. But where will I find the free plate you mentioned "Baubles & Glister"?
Thanks again!
Tonia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails