Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 days of sewing: the details part 4

This is part 4 and the final part in the details on my Smocked Ribbon Stocking from Sew Beautiful Magazine - Holiday 2011 issue. If you missed part 1, part 2 or part 3, make sure you back up before reading on.
The details of this final part will be adding some embellishment to the stocking and construction.
I added some additional trim on some of the ribbon pieces by first pinning it to the stocking, then machine stitching it in place.
All pinned and ready to stitch!
Follow the instructions in Sew Beautiful Magazine to complete the stocking. The instructions for my ripple ribbon are also included within the article, but here are a few closeup pictures.
I added just a tad of the same embellishment trim to the 
inside of the ribbon rosette to add depth.

I hope this series has inspired you to make a
Smocked Ribbon Stocking this Christmas Season!

I hope you enjoyed today's feature - be sure to 
check out all the other 31'ers HERE!

Please continue to follow me here for




1 comment:

Edith said...

Eww I am so sorry to here about those types of links. I was going to say that this a very cute idea and thank you so much for posting it in time for us to make it before Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails