Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 days of sewing: in-the-hoop tute

In-the-hoop machine embroidery designs can be a huge time-saver when you want to make something "handmade". Several years ago I created my in-the-hoop baby booties and they were all the rage! They were even featured in Sew Beautiful Magazine!
Today I thought I would share with you the process of how an in-the-hoop embroidery design works! 
Step 1: load the embroidery file into the machine - to save time, use your largest hoop and import multiple parts in the hoop!
Step 2: Hoop lining fabric with right side down, then optional stabilizer on top, then outside fabric on the very top.
Step 3: place hoop in machine and start stitching!
 Step 4: Once all parts are stitched, use fray check all the way around the bootie parts.
 Step 5: Make sure you fray check both sides of the bootie
 Step 6: Carefully begin cutting out all the parts of the bootie - cutting close to the satin stitching.
 Step 7: The straight-stitched lines are cutting lines, so cut just outside of those stitching lines.
 Step 8: Once all the parts are cut out, they should look like this.
Step 9: Bring the back heel portion together on each bootie and zig-zag stitch the length of the back heel
 Step 10: Pin sole to the bootie and stitch all the way around, then zig-zag to finish off the seam.
Step 11: Hand-stitch the ears to the front of the booties and fold down the back edge of the slipper to complete!
Completed Bunny Slippers!
These Bunny Slippers, as well as all my in-the-hoop baby booties are "sew" easy to make! The best part is that the machine does almost al the work and you have minimal construction to complete once they are stitched out! They make a great gift-giving idea and everyone just loves to have unique booties for their sweet baby's feet!
They also make for adorable photo props!
This is my grandson, Caleb!

If you would like to order any of my in-the-hoop booties, please visit 
 which is my website for all my patterns and designs!

I hope you enjoyed today's feature - be sure to check out all the other 31'ers HERE!
Please continue to follow me here for



2 comments:

Sewconsult said...

So glad that I stopped by today! Love the bunny booties. I am off to order.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

CJ said...

Those are so cute! Very nice, wish my sewing machine does that. Ha!

I only have a normal sewing machine... Maybe one day! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails