Monday, October 31, 2011

31 days of sewing: it's a snap!

I think my favorite toddler boys garment is a jon-jon. 
and I especially like making them reversible. 
because you get two darling outfits in one!
If one side gets dirty by crawling in the grass
 or sitting in the leaves
or running
or just playing, you can turn it inside out and 
have a clean side to wear!
Not all jon-jon patterns are reversible and many don't have a snapped crotch. I don't know about you, but I really don't like taking off a whole jon-jon to change a diaper. I have created an easy tutorial for you that shows how you can make any jon-jon pattern with a reversible crotch. Even if the pattern is not a reversible jon-jon, all you have to do is cut out a 2nd set of pattern pieces and create a reversible side for the jon-jon. It's as easy as that! Before I share the tutorial, I just have to share a few more pics of my grandson, Caleb!
isn't he precious?! 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
It's a Snap! tutorial


3 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Your model is so cute! Enjoyed the post.
Beckie

Judy@grammyreads.com said...

Just what I was looking for! I'll let you know how it turns out. I may have questions as I o.

Judy@grammyreads.com said...

Just what I was looking for! I'll let you know how it goes! (may have questions)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails