Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 days of sewing: quick and easy collars

Well, here I am at day 11 and I have blogged every single day this month.....20 more days to go - whew! Today I decided that I would share with you a quick and easy way to make a peter pan collar....that is, if you have an embroidery machine!
It's as easy as 1-2-3 to stitch out my in-the-hoop 
peter pan collars!
 Here is a set of collars with a matching pocket
all stitched in-the-hoop!
 Just sew the collars into the garment!
 The satin stitched edge looks like piping!
by the way - the two collars above are included
FREE in my ePattern Jack 'n Jill.
The ePattern also includes traditional
collars to cut and sew if you don't have
an embroidery machine.

 My in-the-hoop collars were featured in
Sew Beautiful Magazine several years ago!

My in-the-hoop booties coordinate with the 
collars to complete the ensemble!
You can find all my in-the-hoop and 
ePatterns at my design site:

I hope you enjoyed today's feature - be sure to check 
out all the other 31'ers HERE!

Please continue to follow me here for


2 comments:

Agnes in Wonderland said...

These collars are so lovely! :)

DangAndBlast! said...

Ha! I was just reading some old Sew Beautiful magazines and read that article, figured I'd look to see if anything like it was available today, and what do you know - you're the first Google link still! Been reading your blog for a while (one of the best out there for heirloom), and now I guess I'll have to buy something! Much as I dislike digital patterns in general, now that I have an embroidery machine, maybe I'll have to admit they do have some benefits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails