Thursday, October 20, 2011

31 days of sewing: sewing for boys

Sewing for girls is so easy - there are endless cute ideas for girls. Sewing for boys is a bit more of a challenge. I love challenges, so I guess that's why God gave me two grandsons and no grand-daughters to sew for - LOL! I also could not be happier that I have a daughter who keeps asking me to make garments for her baby boy! He just turned one this month, and his one-year portraits will be tomorrow, so here's what my daughter picked for me to make:
 Reversible Jon-Jon
I can't wait to see his portrait of him in this!
I am working on a tutorial that will be coming soon on how to take any jon-jon pattern and make a snap crotch. I'm also working on drafting a new jon-jon ePattern very similar to this one.
The following pictures are some of the garments I have made for both my grandsons - enjoy the pictorial for boys!!
 Caleb - 6mos
Look for this in Sew Beautiful in 2012!
Caleb-6mos, Paxton 3yrs
Caleb- 8mos
 Caleb- 4mos
 Caleb - 2wks
 Paxton - 9mos
 Paxton - 9mos
This was a little tux I designed and made
for him to wear at his Aunt Lindsay's wedding!



I hope you enjoyed today's feature - be sure to 
check out all the other 31'ers HERE!


Please continue to follow me here for

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Such cute boys! Oh, wait. I'm supposed to comment on their outfits. They are cute, too. Especially that tux.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Adorable!!! Love the photos of your sweet grandsons and the awesome clothing you've created.

Blessings & Aloha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails