Sunday, November 27, 2011

vertical smocking / ornament construction

First of all I want to give a big Thank You to all my customers who helped to make my Black Friday and Small Business Saturday a huge success! All designs at Brer Rabbit Designs will continue to available as single design purchase forever! My most popular sales were Shadow Work Machine embroidery for babies, so my focus for new designs will be more shadow work for babies! :) As always, I love to get requests for design ideas!
The lesson for today completes the Vertically Smocked Christmas Ornament!
Since this lesson is a bit involved and I think I took at least 30 pictures, I have put the construction tutorial into a video.
I'd LOVE to see your completed Smocked ornaments! Send me pictures and maybe I will share them on my blog in a future post!

1 comment:

Marnita said...

This is the most gorgeous ornament I've ever seen! I'm so sad that my plate is so full until Christmas that I won't be able to get to these until next year. :( But, I have already decided that each of my co-workers is going to get a RED one smocked in WHITE with pearls for next year. I can't wait until January to get started. Thanks for sharing such beautiful work. BTW - you are the reason that I learned to smock this summer. I found your tutorials on Youtube and decided that I should try it. Found a local teacher and class and fell in love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails