Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Year!

Well, 2012 has arrived! This year I have decided to just "sew with the flow" and not try to set up goals that I might be hard to accomplish. "Sew with the flow" allows me to just do what I do with my normal life, which is "go with the flow". 
I love my Bernina Artista 200 and my MacBook, and together I can create "sew" much fun!! I love to design and there are many designs that have been tucked into my brain and my MacBook that need to make their appearance in 2012! My designs, known as "Brer Rabbit Designs" will now be featured here - keeping life simple and moving towards one blog for all my sewing creations!
In no particular order, here are just a few of the items that I promise will be available in machine embroidery format in early 2012!
Vintage Buttons 'n Lace Booties
 Shabby Chic Bunny Slippers
Pink Vintage Booties
I have also been working on digitizing a complete new set of booties in multiple sizes, all new designs that I think you are going to just adore! All booties will be available to order individually or in sets.
I am also working hard to make many more machine shadow work designs, such as shown here:
Shadow work created entirely with the embroidery machine - it's so quick and easy! Here are a couple more of my designs I currently have available:


You can see all the machine shadow work collections HERE!
I'm looking forward to spending more time digitizing designs in 2012, as well as creating more smocking plates...by the way, I have a free one for you to try! For security purposes, the file is password protected and you will need to use the password "BRDpreemie" to open it.
I am also looking very forward to having several of my designs published in Sew Beautiful Magazine this year - always such an honor for me!
More tutorials are also planned for 2012 and I invite you to become a subscriber of my weekly newsletter, where you will get free tips and other goodies each week! My newsletter is sent out most every Tuesday morning.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year and hoping the same for myself! :)

Pin It

4 comments:

thedomesticdiva said...

Laurie...I love the booties! Definitely will give them a try when they become available. I really like the idea of Sew with the Flow...no pressure sewing! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

With friendship,
Lisa

Sue said...

Happy New Year, Laurie!

I love your sweet designs and when I become a granny, I am sure I will be looking to you for some gifts for the new little ones :)

Wishing you a fun year of 'sewing with the flow'!

Blessings,
Sue

Sewconsult said...

Thank you so much for the free smocking design. Looking forward to what you will be doing in 2012.
I need to get a Sew Beautiful subscription again. I am getting the itch to smock and always find inspiration with the magazine.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Rettabug said...

Thank you, Laurie, for the pretty preemie smocking design! I hope to use it on something for our new granddaughter, due in March, in AU.

Also wanted to say I love what you did to your kitchen! I have lots of that same black & white toille & can't make up my mind how to use it. Yours looks great with the RED...I do ♥♥♥ RED!!

Hugs,
Rett

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails