Monday, February 6, 2012

Spring Preview!

It's always exciting for me to get the latest issue of Sew Beautiful Magazine. It's something that I always look forward to arriving in my mailbox! It's been this way since I started subscribing many years ago. I own each and every issue since the Premiere Issue, and I cherish my collection! This is one magazine that has consistently inspired me to create and sew! 
The current issue is one that I will cherish forever, since it features one of my designs and  my youngest grandson, Caleb, who is modeling my creation!
 Isn't he yummy?!?!
For those who are longtime followers of my blog, you might have seen this little jon-jon before. I created it especially for Caleb for Easter last year.
Included with the article is my smocking plate "Caleb's Cottontails".
These darling cottontail bunnies look cute in chocolate,
or you can change it up by smocking them in 
white, pink or blue! The smocking plate is
in my article in the magazine, so make sure you pick up a copy!
I know there are those who are just as interested in the jon-jon pattern that I used. It's my own drafted pattern and you will have to wait a bit for the pattern. It will be worth the wait tho, as it will be included in a future issue of Sew Beautiful Magazine! It's very unique, as this looks like a 2-piece shirt and jon-jon, but it's all one piece!
I hope you enjoyed my Spring Preview and that it has inspired you to use "Caleb's Cottontails" for your Easter creations!

4 comments:

Sewconsult said...

I am looking forward to the issue! Congratulations on another article. I recently started back up with my subscription. I quit taking SB for about 10 yrs, so I have been itching to get back into the children's clothing. You & Jeannie B inspire me. I, also, was a charter subscriber for SB. I loved Creative Needle from the first issue. I wish it was still in production.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Elsie said...

Laurie he is soooo cute!!! How exciting is that! I will have to get the magazine and see that sweet thing. I used to buy it all the time when the twins were little, but they are teenagers now. It wouldn't be cool for mawmaw to smock them something.
I wish I could have smocked back when they were small, I didn't learn until they were up older and I had to go to the next state to take classes. Now I smock to give presents to new moms. You are so darn good at it....your work is like WOW!!!

Rettabug said...

What a cutie pie, Laurie! He is a little doll & those photos make me want to reach out & hug him to pieces!

Congratulations on being featured in SB again. You always do such outstanding work, Honey. I think its wonderful they chose to use YOUR grandson to model YOUR creation. Buy SEVERAL copies of that issue, because I'm sure his parents & other grandparents will all want a copy.

Hugs,
Rett

Jeannie B. said...

What a doll!! Lucky to have such a sweet little model.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails