Monday, April 16, 2012

Pretty in Pink

Smocked Bishop dresses are by far my most favorite of all dresses for a baby! They are a timeless style and so beautiful with smocking all the way around the neckline. Another great feature is that they seem to fit for a much longer time, than any other style dress. 
Today I finished up on a project that I titled "Pretty in Pink". It's a sweet ensemble that I created for a family friend. I really wanted to add a touch of boldness to this traditional style dress to sort of give it a more trendy look. 
The fabric is a white batiste and I smocked with DMC Pearl Cotton #8 using a bright pink and green floss, which gives a beautiful bright, Springtime look!
This is a new smocking design and will be available at Brer Rabbit Designs as soon as I finish graphing the smocking!
A close up look at the smocking!
I always smock the sleeves on a bishop dress
and coordinate it with the neckline!
A smocked bonnet completes the 
ensemble with smocking that coordinates
with the neckline of the bishop dress!
A dainty little bullion rosebud is added to
the silk ribbon ties!
You can create this same dress ensemble with Brer Rabbit Designs NEWEST ePattern, BRD Smocked Bishop. The smocking plate to this ensemble will also be available soon as well as my Tapered Smocked Bonnet as an ePattern for those who want the convenience of printing off a multi-sized pattern without having to do all the measuring.


6 comments:

Southern Gal said...

So, so pretty...in pink.

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Goodness! They are gorgeous pieces! The details are amazing! I haven't a clue how to do stocking, but seeing how beautiful this is makes me interested in learning!
Take care,
Angela

Abigail said...

Hi, I love your modern take on the bishop with the bright pink and green. I will have to try it.

Cheryl M. said...

Beautiful design! I love bishop dresses on baby girls too! :)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh how beautiful...I use to smock and have been wondering about doing it again for future grand children..enjoying visiting your blog for inspiration

Christa said...

What a beautiful bishop set, I love the pink & green on white:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails