Friday, July 20, 2012

ahhh, summer!

I don't know about you, but it's been a busy summer for me, but I've also enjoyed just relaxing! I haven't even had time to think about blogging, but I guess that's what summer is for - enjoying time with family, friends and vacations! I certainly have enjoyed some relaxing time at the lake! ahhh, summer....it's my favorite time of year!
This kind of relaxing has led to not much being accomplished in the sewing room this summer. I have been dreaming up all kinds of new designs in my head tho - does that count? 
Even tho I am not getting much any sewing done, I have been able to work on a few sewing-related things while traveling. I recently took several of my preemie patterns and worked them into ePatterns. I finished them up last nite and got them posted on my website today - the response from those who sew for charity has been overwhelming! I'm thrilled that my patterns are being used to clothe preemies all over the world! 
My design, "Precious Preemies" was featured in Sew Beautiful Magazine and I have now made my pattern available as an ePattern. This sweet diaper shirt can also be made into a gown from the same pattern.
Dainty Gowns as shown in
Sew Beautiful Magazine!
Another one of my designs that is now available as an ePattern is my NICU vest, hat & blanket set.
I think I have made a zillion of these! This is one of the most popular items I give to my local hospital NICU. The nurses love the bright colors, and the families appreciate having something to dress their preemies in that will work around all the equipment that is hooked up to their baby.
My preemie ePatterns are free for you to use. My request is that you do not make these to sell - the purpose of them is strictly for Charity Sewing and I ask that you respect that. You are free to share the patterns with the sewing guilds that you belong to. You can find the patterns shown here, plus a whole lot more HERE!

3 comments:

Angela Lee said...

Laurie,

Thank you for these patterns. I am starting a chapter of Threads of Love here in Savannah, and these will really come in handy!

Lany said...

Hola querida,

Esta precioso todo!!! y que disfrutes de las vacaciones o mejor dicho, del verano....
Besos,
Lany

Anonymous said...

I thank you for shaгing your thοughts. We can nοt agree
moгe with you. Its just great to read.

Ι follow your blog regularly. Cаn I
write a guest articlе for it?
Also see my website > Here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails