Monday, September 10, 2012

getting creative with CM

The other day I demonstrated some of the new Martha Pullen Creative Monograms Software. Today, I want to share with you some creativity from using the monogram I created in the software. If you missed my post demonstrating the software, you can find it HERE!
I got my inspiration for this project off the Sew Beautiful Blog from their Design-it-Yourself Giveaway Challenge. After seeing that blog post, I was inspired to make a hanger cover for myself. 
I gathered up my supplies using Silk Dupioni Stripe in beige - I am in love with this fabric! I chose a tiny edging lace from my stash and some spools of Sulky threads in the colors I wanted my monogram stitched in. I also had a padded hanger handy to use under the hanger cover.
I then marked, hooped and stitched the monogram, following the instructions from the blog post at Sew Beautiful's Blog.
Using my amazing BabyLock Evolve serger, I gathered the ruffle so quick and easy!
In no time flat, I had 2 yards of gathered silk dupioni! Note: I rolled, whipped and attached my lace by machine(I have a tute for that HERE) on the strips before gathering by serger.
Here is my completed hanger cover - I love it!

I hope you are enjoying National Sewing Month and have been checking out Sew Beautiful Blog everyday for the freebies!











1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Laurie, These are so beautiful! But then again, everything you create is gorgeous! I wanted to stop by and say hello!

I have not been as good with blog visiting. We sold our home soooo quickly, so have been in the midst of prepping to get it ready to sell...then when it sold in one month, we were busy packing up and moving everything into two storage units! (pretty much just the two of us, since it sold faster and before we had official orders in hand for movers to move us).

Anyways...dear friend, hope you are doing well!

Blessings & Aloha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails