Friday, September 14, 2012

my love of smocking

Trends come and trends go, but I always find myself going back to the classics! My first love in sewing will always be in smocking! I taught myself how to smock back in the early '80's, after the birth of my daughter, and I have never stopped smocking in all those years! Smocking is a very relaxing form of sewing for me. I can take it anywhere and the only thing I need is pleated fabric, a needle, floss and my hands to create! 
I like to use DMC Perle Cotton #8 when doing geometric smocking. I know it's hard to find, but you can purchase online with a wide variety of colors HERE!
The stitches for smocking are relatively easy to master.

I also enjoy surface embellishing within my smocking!

I hope you stay tuned as I complete my smocking project!



1 comment:

Carla Belyea said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished project. So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails