Wednesday, September 26, 2012

sewing for me...

It doesn't happen very often, but every once in awhile I do sew for myself! Last week, I decided to dig out a pattern that I purchase about a year ago. I had good intentions to use that pattern as soon as it hit my mailbox last year, yet other projects were over-ranking it! I finally decided that I just HAD to get busy and try this gorgeous pattern out and make something for me!
The pattern is "The Catherine Coat" by Serendipity Studio
I dug thru my fabric stash and found just what I wanted! Red is my most favorite color, and I wanted to make something that would give me multi-uses...something that would look very pretty dressed up or cute and fun with jeans as everyday wear.
This coat is a sweet and feminine design that features several options and can be anywhere from simple and tailored to fancy and ruffled! The coat has a gentle A-line with an Empire waist, which gives it a very flattering fit.
The back of the coat is just as cute as the front.
I love the gathers at the waistline!
 Another option with this coat is the sleeves. I chose to make the 
cuffs wide so that I could turn them up, making them a comfortable 3/4 length.
Since I plan to wear this as an open jacket,
I didn't want to make any buttonholes, but
still embellish it with buttons.
I dug thru my vintage button stash
and found exactly what I was looking for!
Silver buttons and just the variety I wanted!
I hope I have inspired you to do some sewing for yourself every now and then! What I like about this pattern is that I will use it again and can make an entirely different look!

5 comments:

Cindy Sews said...

I love this! Red will look so good on you. I want to see a picture of you wearing this jacket!

Angela Lee said...

Laurie,

It's beautiful! Where's the modeled pic? :)

gwensews said...

That is gorgeous! Love it. I must look for that pattern.

Saint Nolt Sews said...

I love Sew Serendipity jackets! Yours is in my favorite color, red! Great looking jacket and so glad you are sewing for yourself.

Carla Belyea said...

Sew Serendipity patterns are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the jacket patterns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails