Sunday, October 14, 2012

Psst! Christmas is coming...

Psst! Did you know that, as of today, Christmas is just 71 days away? I always love it when my Holiday issue of Sew Beautiful Magazine arrives in October, as it usually gets me in the spirit to sew for Christmas! The past few years, I have had the pleasure and honor of having something published in the Holiday issue! This year, I made two Christmas stockings, both very different from each other, but both old-fashioned!
The first stocking is a Strip-pieced Ribbon Stocking. I had fun playing with different types, colors and textures of ribbon with this stocking! Creating looped ribbon at the cuff of the stocking was both unique and fun! I also did some bobbin work in joining the ribbon on the leg portion of the stocking.
If you have never done bobbin work before, it is "sew" much fun and incredibly easy to do! I learned how to do it at my local Bernina Dealer - Sewing Machine Station, in Brentwood, TN with my Smocking Arts Guild, Sew Many Things. By the way, I also have created entire Christmas Collection of bobbin work designs with instructions - you can find them at 
The second stocking that I made for the Sew Beautiful Magazine article is a Heirloom Lace Stocking and I think that you will agree that it is simply scrumptious! Since there isn't much detail in the article, I thought I would share the details here in my Sewing Journal! 

For this project I was given a box full of ribbon, lace, organdy, silk dupinoni, 
buttons and oh my
who wouldn't love to play with this?!
I had more fun with creating this stocking than any stocking I've ever made before! Joining lace to lace to lace to lace....ahhhh...just too much fun for this girl!
The buttons and ribbon were equally as fun to add to this beautiful project!
Sew Beautiful has made this project a little easier for you,
as they have created a kit for you with everything you 
need to create this beautiful Heirloom Lace Stocking!
The ready-to-sew kit will be available soon







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails