Monday, February 25, 2013

Sweetly Smocked Bonnets

National Smocking Month has kept me busy smocking baby bonnets! I had some smocking incentives along with several special orders from customers, so that helped inspire me with some new designs!

Smocking bonnets is so quick and easy
...and relaxing!

 This is one of my newest smocking plates that
I will be graphing very soon!

The lace edge of the bonnet has a rolled and 
whipped edge with pin-stitching. 
I have a great tutorial for this
technique HERE!

Since it looks like our family can only produce boys,
it is inspiring me to come up with more designs for
BOYS!
This sweet smocked cap for boys
is a new pattern that I hope to have
available very SOON!



1 comment:

Samantha said...

Laurie,
Did you ever do a pattern or tutorial for the boys smocked cap? My Threads of Love group was interested in how you did it. We were thinking about adapting one of our preemie patterns.
Thanks!
Samantha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails