Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ahoy, Matey!

My sewing room is bursting in hues of blue! I am really having a lot of fun sewing for grandson #3 who will be here in less than a month! One of my favorites designers is Jeannie Baumeister from Old Fashioned Baby. She creates the most adorable old fashioned garments from her pattern line. Her eye to detail always amazes me in everything that I see her create.  I have spent the past couple weeks using several of her patterns to create some old fashioned baby boy garments with a spin of modern-day technology added in! 

Since this summer will include a tiny baby and our family spends much time in the boat at the lake, I decided this little guy needed something nautical themed!
Ahoy, Matey!!
The pattern I used is Sweet and Simple Bubbles and Bonnets by Old Fashioned Baby. The Nautical shadow work is my own and I hope to include them in a new Nautical Machine Shadow Work set that I am working on. I will have that set available soon on my website.
On the back of the bubble, I decided to add a shadow work anchor to the 
"bum" and a sailboat to the back of the sweet boys cap!
Here's a close-up of the back of the cap with my Machine Shadow Work!

Close up of the machine shadow work anchor on the "bum"
I made a change in the front button opening by folding the placket to the outside, rather than to the inside so that I could add the whipped piping to either edge of the front opening. I love this whipped piping - it was a perfect compliment to the whole nautical theme of the garment!
On either side of the little cap, there is a machine 
shadow work anchor!




7 comments:

ShirleyC said...

That is so adorable in every way! I love the little anchor on the backside.

Jeannie B. said...

That is SO cute!

Karen said...

The outfit is just precious! I love nautical outfits on little ones. Both my children had several every summer when they were small. I love all the shadow stitched designs. I don't have an embroidery machine but I do enjoy stitching designs like these by hand. Your work is always so beautiful and inspiring!

Elisa said...

Muy bonito Laurie como todo lo que haces. PodrĂ­as decir que tela utilizaste. What fabric you use?

Elisa said...

Is so beautiful . God bless you Laurie. What fabric you use for the bubble?

Elisa said...

Is so beautiful Laurie. God bless you. What fabric you use?

Pamela said...

Lovely, little baby and oh so dresses sweetly. Congratulations and thank you for such a wonderful web site and tutorials.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails