Sunday, March 17, 2013

Little Boy Blue

Our little boy blue is due to arrive on April 26th, so I have been a busy Neena sewing for a baby boy! This is grandson #3 for us, so I am getting pretty used to sewing for boys!
Isn't this the sweetest? 
The sweater and hat is a purchased set and I
 made the smocked bubble to coordinate!
The adorable teddy bear buttons were my
inspiration for the smocking design!
The fabric is a silk-cotton blend (available at Farmhouse Fabrics)
The bubble pattern is Creations by Michie' Classic Bubble #115
The smocking plate is my own and I hope to
graph it soon and have it available at
My daughter was pretty pleased with this sweet
little set and it won't be long when little boy blue
will be wearing it!

Stay tuned for more BOY sewing, as I just finished another boy set and I have two more cut out to sew! The next three that will be shared in my Sewing Journal are all made with Old Fashioned Baby Patterns!

6 comments:

Cindy Sews said...

Wow! I love this little boy blue set! You are a fabulous grandma!

Karen said...

What a darling set! I love that fabric and look forward to seeing the teddy bear graph.

tascha piatt said...

I found your smocking tutorials yesterday--and watched them ALL. :) I am so excited to learn this beautiful art of pleating and stitching. thank you for taking the time to make them!!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. My daughter is expecting twin girls end of April, this will makes us 6 grandaughters!

Brenda Phillips said...

Really precious outfit! The plate looks very familiar to Mark's Teddy Bears" which is one I smocked many years ago for my children.

Brenda
Across the Bay from Mobile

Esther Conrad Grant said...

Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails