Monday, April 22, 2013

Fabric Designer Dreams

In the past few years, I have had fabric design ideas in my head and have thought many times about designing fabric as part of my home business. How many times have you wished you could find a particular fabric design that is in your head, but can't be found anywhere? It happens often for me, and that is why I have considered becoming a fabric designer. I guess sometimes you could say it's a dream of mine. My dreams take me far in joining the likes of Amy Butler, Tula Pink and Riley Blake! Hey, a girl can dream, right? I guess the hard part of my dreams was taking my design ideas to actual manufacturing of the fabric - it just seems like a monumental hurdle that I'm not sure I was ready to jump yet. The design ideas never even made it out of my head and into my computer or on paper, until I had this opportunity to become a Pinterest Fabric Design Contestant. The real motivator for this contest is the Grand Prize - a Bernina 710! There are no guarantees that I will win the Grand Prize, or any prize for that matter, it's all up to the Celebrity Judges and Pat Bravo. What is important tho, is that participating in this contest has sparked an interest in fabric design again, and who knows what the future holds for that. Today is the very last day for repins for my fabric swatch entry in the Bernina and We All Sew Pinterest Fabric Design Contest.
If you haven't had a chance yet to repin my most popular entry, I hope you will - it doesn't mean I will win, but it sure makes me happy to see the many friends who are supporting me in this contest. Thank you all "sew" much! 
Click on the photo or HERE
 and it will take you to 
Pinterest where you can repin it!
Thanks "sew" much!!
I just want to congratulate everyone who has been a contestant in this contest. All the entries are fantastic and I wish you all the best of luck! I can't wait to see who all the winners are and what lines of new fabric could result from this awesome contest!






1 comment:

Donna said...

I found your blog by searching reviews on Martha Pullens Embroidery Font software. I see that you really like it and you have a Bernina. I have a question if you can help. Do I need the Bernina software too or do I design my embroidery fonts on the computer and then load onto the Bernina? Do you really love the software? I just wanted to ask someone who had purchased and use it.
thank you for time and help!
Donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails