Sunday, June 16, 2013

A new generation...

I'm pretty excited! I came home with some boxes from my awesome Bernina Dealer...
boxes that contained a new generation of sewing, embroidery and crafting!
I have been a Bernina fan for many years, but the very first Bernina I purchased was from my friend, Trisha Smith (Treasures by Trisha Patterns). Trisha was in my local SAGA (Smocking Arts Guild of America) group in Nashville, and she also worked at a Bernina Dealer where I purchased my first Bernina, which actually happened to be Trisha's personal machine!
At the time this was the top of the line Bernina. The 1630 featured 9mm stitch width, over 400 stitch patterns, monograms, 5 alphabets, and enabled sewing in 16 directions. To this very day, I wished I would have kept this machine - it was a work-horse! One of these days I am going to get me another 1630 to have as a back-up sewing machine.
My next machine was a Bernina Bernette Deco 600 embroidery-only machine that I added to  my 1630.
This was a fun little machine, and at the time embroidery machines were just hitting the market and becoming popular for home sewers. I didn't keep this machine too long, as it really limited me. The disadvantage is that it was embroidery only. I was also limited to a 4x4 hoop. I did purchase a re-positional hoop, however I was ready to move up as more and more machines were progressing with technology. I sold my Deco machine and purchased a brand new Bernina  Artista 180E.

The 180E was awesome! It had 3 different sized hoops and gazillions of stitches! With the purchase of this machine, I also purchased the Designer Software and began learning how to digitize my own designs. The 180 was perfect for both sewing and embroidery and I used it for many years before I added an additional machine, the Bernina Artista 200. 
A few years ago I passed my 180 down to my daughter, who was just getting into sewing and embroidery. It's been a great machine for her and she's having fun doing embroidery and sewing.
The Bernina Artista 200E was even more awesome than the 180E! The screen was bigger and in color! Another great feature is that I could use a USB stick to transfer designs to the machine. I think I have owned this machine for around 7 or 8 years - just about every board has been replaced in it and it basically runs like a 730 machine, but I was getting the itch for a new machine. Since I like to keep up with technology, it was just time to move up again in the Bernina line. I am "sew" excited about my new Bernina 780...it truly is a new generation!
I passed my 200 down to my daughter, who is thrilled to get a "new" and "updated" machine. I then traded in the 180 to purchase the 780.
I am totally blown away at all this new machine can do!
It's soooooo BIG! It's a MONSTER of a machine, and I'm in love with it! I need some serious time alone with it..it's the best therapy ever and I can't wait to share on my blog all fun new things it can do...sewing, embroidery, crafting...a new generation!





5 comments:

Esther Conrad Grant said...

Awesome, Laurie!!!! Can't wait to see and hear about all the beautiful new things you will create with it! Enjoy!

Mrs Hoff said...

Congrats! I know you will love it. I also have a 200E upgraded to the 730 and I am itching to move up. Can't wait to see all the new creations!

marie bartels said...

Congratulations! I purchased the same Bernina 780 a few months ago. Its a wonderful machine !! You gona love the spools!!!

Debbie B said...

I have an old faithful 1130 that I got almost 30 years ago. I bought a used 730 about 3 years ago mostly for the embroidery features. But since we bought a 6-needle embroidery machine I have made the switch to sewing more on the 730. Is it bad that I feel like I'm deserting an old faithful friend?? :) Now I just need to get all the neat feet I want for the 730!
Enjoy your new baby and sew up a storm!

Lany said...

Hola querida,

Genial...gracias por tanta informaciĆ³n....

Besos,
Lany

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails