Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Royal Baby Sewing!

I don't think I will ever get used to seeing my name in print in a magazine, but it sure is awesome! Being a contributor to a new book is equally as exciting...or perhaps even more exciting! Being published in both a magazine and a book at the same time? Well, that's just absolutely an honor!
The first issue that arrived in my mailbox was the Sew Beautiful Favorite Heirloom Sewing Designs. This is a special edition from Sew Beautiful that you don't want to miss out on getting! It's chocked full of beautiful heirloom garments! I am so honored to have had my Vintage T-gown and Lace Cap featured! This set was originally featured in Sew Beautiful magazine issue 121 in 2008.
My grandson (who is now almost 6 years old) was the model for this beautiful heirloom gown! It's hard to believe that so many years have passed since that photo shoot! Doesn't he look like a Royal baby?
Here is a little close up of the machine embroidery and lace insertion on the gown.





Drawing of full gown.

This little lace cap is a very quick 
and easy project using wide lace!
All the details on the gown and lace cap can be found in this special edition! You can purchase it where you find Sew Beautiful Magazine or at MarthaPullenCo online!

Sewing for a Royal Baby is a must-have book! I am soooo very honored to have been invited to contribute to this wonderful book! This book is full of elegant designs featuring heirloom sewing techniques from a host of designers! There are bonnets and booties, Christening gowns and sweet toddler garments fit for a little prince or princess!
I was so honored to be asked to re-create a suit worn by Prince William. 
Also included with the pattern instructions is my original smocking plate "Royal Diamond Chevron Smocking" which was inspired by little Prince William's original suit.
I hope you have enjoyed a little peek at two publications that you will add to your sewing library!





1 comment:

Fun-R-We Creations said...

Congratulations Laurie! You have every right to celebrate your accomplishment! I discovered your youtube channel several months back while looking for something else sewing related! The next thing I know, 4 hours had passed as I watched your smocking videos and more! In July, I added the Sally Stanley Pleater to my supplies ! Originally bought for smocking, i know have learned it's great for pleating my tutus! I owe it all to you as it was your youtube and blog and website that got me hooked! I admire and am inspired by your work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails