Sunday, April 13, 2014

Grant's Vintage One-Piece Romper

I love the classic, yet playful designs that are found in vintage garments for children and I am always eager to give new life to a vintage piece by recreating it. Being a commissioned designer for Sew Beautiful Magazine, I have had many opportunities to do just that and it's where I find great joy in sewing. I was so thrilled when editor, Cynthia Mays, sent me a very unique vintage piece to recreate. The label inside reads "Florence Eiseman, designed for Neiman-Marcus", which I found very interesting and immediately started researching online for more of her designs. 
This was a fun little piece that I really enjoyed drafting a pattern for. It's always fun to try to figure out how a garment goes together while leaving the vintage piece completely intact. Often times it's a challenge, but it's all a part of the design process that I really enjoy doing. I also just love that I got to recreate a garment for boy and that my sweet grandson, Grant got to model it! Doesn't he look sweet?
The pattern for this romper can be found in the upcoming June/July 2014 issue of Sew Beautiful Magazine and is drafted in sizes 6 months to 24 months. 
The romper is a very unique design in that it is 
all in one piece, yet it appears to be 
in two pieces when worn. 
The belted waistband wraps around the waist 
and buttons in back.
I hope you will add this to your summer sewing list and that you enjoy making it as much as I did in recreating it!






3 comments:

Esther Conrad Grant said...

I never would have guessed it is made of one piece. Very classy and fresh look, not to mention the model is quite adorable it it. Love it!

Angela Lee said...

That is adorable! I've never seen one done that way and would love to try it.

Marie chavez said...

I will make one for my baby boy to come! I just love the look is so amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails